Five locations in Delhi placed on alert after threat messages; security agencies conduct checks and find no suspicious material so far
Delhi High Court, August 14, 2026: The national capital was placed on heightened security alert on Friday after the Delhi High Court and several other locations, including Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport, received bomb threats a day before Independence Day.
The threats came a day before India is scheduled to celebrate its 80th Independence Day, adding to security concerns in Delhi as authorities prepare for large-scale celebrations across the capital.
According to the information provided, five locations were named in the latest threats: the Delhi High Court, Jamnagar House, the Jhandewalan Flatted Factory Complex, the District Magistrate’s Office in Saket, Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport and the SDM Office at Delhi Cantt. Delhi Fire Service teams were dispatched to the locations for precautionary checks.
No suspicious object or explosive material had been found during the checks at the time of the initial reports. The Delhi High Court also remained in contact with Delhi Police as the investigation into the threat messages continued. Current reporting confirms that the Delhi High Court and IGI Airport Terminal 3 were among the high-profile locations that received threats, with authorities carrying out security checks. Subsequent reports said the threats were declared hoaxes after searches.
The latest incident has drawn additional attention because it comes shortly before Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address the nation from the Red Fort on August 15.

Table of Contents
Delhi High Court Receives Threat Ahead of Independence Day
The Delhi High Court was among the prominent institutions named in the latest security alert.
The Delhi High Court received a threat by email on Friday, prompting coordination with Delhi Police and security agencies. The timing of the message, just a day before the Independence Day celebrations, made the Delhi High Court alert particularly sensitive.
The Delhi High Court is one of the most important judicial institutions in the capital, and any threat directed towards the premises requires immediate verification.
Authorities therefore responded by initiating the necessary security procedures while investigating the source and credibility of the message.
The threat itself does not establish that an explosive device was present. At the time of the initial searches, officials reported that no suspicious material had been found.
Later reporting said the threats targeting the Delhi High Court and IGI Airport Terminal 3 were determined to be hoaxes following security checks.
IGI Airport Terminal 3 Also Targeted
Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport was another major location named in the latest threat alerts.
Any security warning involving a major airport receives immediate attention because airports handle large numbers of passengers, employees and aircraft every day.
Security agencies conducted checks following the threat, while authorities continued to assess the situation.
The airport warning came as Delhi was preparing for extensive Independence Day security arrangements, with movement restrictions and additional checks already planned around several sensitive areas of the capital.
The Delhi High Court remained part of the wider security situation as agencies coordinated their response to the multiple alerts.
The Delhi Traffic Police has separately issued a detailed advisory for August 15, including restrictions and diversions around the Red Fort and other areas connected with the national celebrations.
Three Government Offices Also Named
The latest alerts were not limited to the Delhi High Court and airport.
According to the supplied information, threats were also received concerning Jamnagar House, the Jhandewalan Flatted Factory Complex, the District Magistrate’s Office in Saket and the SDM Office at Delhi Cantt.
The Delhi Fire Service dispatched teams to the affected locations as part of the emergency response.
The purpose of such checks is to establish whether there is any credible physical threat after an alarm is raised.
Officials said that no suspicious object or material had been found during the initial checks.
The multiplicity of locations meant that authorities had to treat the messages seriously while simultaneously determining whether they were connected or part of a hoax campaign.
Security Checks Conducted Across the Capital
The latest incident comes at a time when Delhi is already operating under heightened security arrangements because of Independence Day.
The Red Fort is the centrepiece of the national celebrations, with the Prime Minister scheduled to deliver the annual Independence Day address from its ramparts.
Extensive security arrangements are implemented around the monument and surrounding areas before August 15. The Delhi High Court alert has added another layer to an already intensive security operation across the capital.
The Red Fort was also closed to visitors during the weeks leading up to Independence Day as preparations and security arrangements were put in place.
Traffic restrictions, road closures and diversions have also been announced for August 15. Delhi Metro services are scheduled to begin earlier than usual to support the movement of people during the celebrations.
Earlier Red Fort Threat Had Triggered Security Sweep
The latest incident is not the first bomb threat involving a prominent Delhi location this year.
On July 11, the Red Fort received a bomb threat through a call made to the Mumbai Police Control Room.
The information was immediately relayed to Delhi Police, after which security personnel, bomb disposal teams and other units carried out a detailed search of the historic monument and surrounding areas.
Authorities subsequently determined that the threat was a hoax. An investigation was initiated to identify the caller and trace the source of the message.
The July incident demonstrated how even an unverified threat can trigger a substantial security response when a major national monument is involved.
It also showed the importance of coordination between agencies in different cities.
The Delhi High Court incident similarly required authorities to verify the warning before reaching any conclusion about its credibility.

Independence Day Security Raises the Stakes
The timing of the latest threats is significant because Independence Day is one of the country’s largest annual national events.
The Red Fort ceremony attracts senior government officials, invited guests, security personnel and members of the public.
The Prime Minister’s address is broadcast nationwide, while several parts of central and northern Delhi experience substantial restrictions to facilitate the event.
Authorities therefore plan security measures weeks in advance.
The Delhi Traffic Police has announced road closures, diversions and restrictions for August 15, while public transport arrangements have also been modified.
The discovery of multiple threat messages on the eve of the celebrations inevitably increases the workload of security and emergency-response agencies.
Investigation Into the Threats Continues
The immediate searches at the named locations are only one part of the official response.
Authorities must also establish the source of the messages, determine whether the threats were connected and assess whether they were deliberately intended to cause disruption ahead of Independence Day.
The investigation will also help agencies determine whether the latest incident is related to previous threat messages received in Delhi.
At present, the information available does not establish a confirmed connection between the latest threats and earlier Red Fort warnings.
Authorities will therefore need to examine the individual incidents on their own evidence while looking for any wider pattern.
Public Asked to Remain Alert Without Creating Panic
Repeated hoax threats can create fear among residents and commuters, particularly when they occur immediately before a major national event.
However, security agencies typically emphasise the importance of remaining alert without spreading unverified information.
Members of the public should rely on official announcements when assessing disruptions or security-related developments.
The latest incident also demonstrates why suspicious communications are treated seriously even when they ultimately turn out to be false.
A responsible security response requires authorities to investigate first and reach conclusions after verification.
Delhi Steps Up Preparations for August 15
The latest bomb threats come as Delhi enters the final stage of its Independence Day preparations.
The Red Fort remains the central venue for the national ceremony, while government agencies across the city have been working on security, traffic and public-access arrangements.
The city’s transport system is also operating under special arrangements for August 15, including early Metro services and traffic restrictions designed to facilitate movement linked to the celebrations.
These measures are separate from the investigation into the latest threats but form part of the wider security environment in which the incident has occurred.
No Suspicious Material Reported in Initial Checks
One of the most important developments from the latest incident is that the searches at the identified locations did not initially reveal suspicious objects or explosive material.
That is consistent with the assessment reported by authorities following the checks.
The Economic Times later reported that the Delhi High Court and IGI Airport Terminal 3 threats were declared hoaxes after searches.
Nevertheless, the investigation into the threat messages remains important because identifying their source could help authorities understand whether the incidents were isolated acts of disruption or part of a broader pattern.
Security Agencies Remain on Alert
With Independence Day only hours away, security agencies are continuing preparations across Delhi.
The latest threats have added another challenge to an already extensive security operation, but officials have continued to carry out verification procedures without reporting the discovery of explosives at the targeted locations.
For residents, commuters and visitors, the immediate impact is likely to come through increased checks, traffic restrictions and changes to access around sensitive areas.
The Delhi administration and security agencies will also be monitoring developments around the Red Fort and other major public locations as the country prepares for the August 15 celebrations.

The bomb threats received by the Delhi High Court, IGI Airport Terminal 3 and other government locations on August 14 have triggered security checks across the national capital just one day before Independence Day.
The timing has made the incident particularly sensitive, given the scale of security arrangements already in place for the August 15 celebrations and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s scheduled address from the Red Fort.
The initial searches did not find suspicious objects or explosive material, and subsequent reports said the Delhi High Court and airport threats were declared hoaxes.
The latest episode also comes against the backdrop of earlier false bomb threats involving the Red Fort and other Delhi locations. A July 11 threat to the Red Fort, for example, was investigated by multiple agencies and subsequently declared a hoax.
For security agencies, the priority remains verification and prevention. For the public, the message is to remain attentive to official advisories while avoiding the circulation of unverified claims.
As Delhi prepares for its 80th Independence Day celebrations, authorities are continuing to maintain heightened vigilance across the capital while investigations into the latest threat messages proceed.












